4.1 Series Release Notes¶
- Metricd exposes a new option called greedy (true by default) that allows to control whether eager processing of new measures is enabled when available.
- Aggregates API output introduced in 4.1.0 doesn’t allow for easy identification of which timeseries is associated with what metrics/resources that have been queried. This have been fixed, but the new output format is not backwards compatible with the format released in 4.1.0.
- Possibility to rename an archive policy.
- New API endpoint allows to retrieve, transform, aggregates measurements on the fly in an flexible way. The endpoint location is /v1/aggregates. This endpoint allows to describe operations to be done on a metrics list. Example: (* 5 (rolling mean 3 (aggregate sum (metric (metric1 mean) (metric2 mean))))). The metrics list can be retrieved by searching in resources by setting ‘resource_type’ and ‘search’. More details are available in the documentation.
- Aggregates API and cross metrics aggregation API can take dropna for the fill parameter. This acts like null, but NaN values are removed from the result.
- The gnocchi-api script is now a wrapper around uWSGI. Using a WSGI-compliant HTTP server always have been recommended, but since most users want to just run gnocchi-api, it’ll now be fast and efficient by default.
- All listing endpoints (/v1/metric, /v1/resource/<type>, /v1/search/resource, ...) now returns a Link header as described by the RFC5988. For now, only the next page link is provided.
- New aggregation methods are available for archive policy; rate:mean, rate:last, .... These new methods allow to compute the timeseries rate of change before applying the selected aggregation method.
- The storage.aggregation_workers_number parameter has been replaced by a more general parallel_operations option. It controls the number of parallel jobs that can be run by a worker using threads in various code paths.
moving_averageaggregate is deprecated.
- When specifying needed_overlap while aggregating across metrics without bounds, the result did not necessarily honour the required overlap provided. Aggregation without bounds now requires 100% overlap; an error is raised otherwise
- The deprecated noauth authentication mode has been removed.